Tuesday, February 6, 2018

CAS Watercolour Feb. 2018 - Hearts

Hello friends.  Playing along with this months challenge over at CAS Watercolour where the key word is HEARTS.


I love February and hearts...probably because I was almost a Valentine's Day baby!!  But anyway, I dug out a IO die (DIE126-U) and some Crimson Brusho's and came up with this CAS card:


 I was pretty heavy handed with the Brusho's as I wanted a really deep red color, and once it was dry I die cut the image once on the Brusho piece and once on just plain white cardstock, so that I could inlay the Brusho piece into the white layer.  Here's a closer up view:


  I love the variations in color using the Brusho's, and also the wonderful inlaid look!  Because the image does ALL the work on this card, I used just a simple sentiment from PTI's You Have My Heart stamp set, and this card was done.  CAS, easy, and perfect for my hubby to go along with the dark chocolate I always give him for Valentine's Day.  :0)

This challenge is open till the 24th, so still LOTS of time to play!  Check out all the amazing inspiration from the DT and then play along!  You can find it all right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is stunning Marcia! And I love the inlaid die technique that you used, the hearts couldn't be coloured more perfectly!

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia, this is stunning! Love the deep red brusho's on that amazing heart die. Truly a gorgeous masterpiece my friend!

Loll said...

Gorgeous. Those brushos have so much depth of colour. What a gorgeous heart and flourish die. Great job with inlaying, Marcia. And thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Bonnie said...

I love this die, Marcia :>) I love how you've added the watercolor and inlaid it! Very classy! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Christine Alexander said...

wow, those brushos are an amazingly intense colour. Love the heart and the inlay die. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

nancy littrell said...

Your inlaid deep red Brushos heart flourish is Stunning, Marcia. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs..

Lisa Elton said...

I like the fancy flourish, this is lovely!

Linda said...

Gorgeous, Marcia. Love that die and it is so pretty in the dark red.