Wednesday, July 19, 2017

CAS Watercolour July 2017 - #2

Hello friends.  While looking through a drawer full of wood mounted stamps, I found a butterfly stamp that I don't think I've ever used, and since there's still a few days left to play with the CAS Watercolour  challenge, I thought I would try this stamp out!


The stamp is from Savvy Stamps and this is what I came up with:


I started with a small piece of water color cardstock and water colored some orange from my Kuretake Gansai Tambi (#33) paints.  After it was dry I stamped my butterfly image in black...the stamp is made to look like it is already water colored and I love the look it gave over the orange!  Next I splattered a little bit of gold.  Here's a closer up:


I mounted this to a black layer and then layered it onto piece of "ghosted" paper I had made with DOX inks and a Gina Marie Designs stencil.  I layered it all on a 5 x 5 card base and added a simple embossed sentiment from PTI's Choose Joy stamp set.  I don't feel like this is my normal style at all, but I really like how it turned out!  Kinda artsy!!  :0)

For this card I water colored, stamped, stenciled, splattered, and embossed.

This challenge is open till the 24th, so still time to play along.  Check out all the beautiful inspiration and then play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!

5 comments:

Birgit said...

Oooh Marcia, this is so pretty and artsy! Love the backgrounds you've been making lately!!

Loll said...

Definitely artsy, Marcia!! And so pretty. Gorgeous ghosted background. And bright, vibrant watercolour with your Gansai ... I just may need to break down and buy those! :) Love the distressed look of the butterfly stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Bonnie said...

Ooh, I like this too, Marcia! You do artsy very well! That butterfly is placed perfectly on the pretty watercolor! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Susan said...

Beautiful! Love the look of the butterfly on the orange watercolour. The gold splatters are perfect too. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful ghosting for the background, I thought it was DP :) your water colour is perfect and love the gold splatters. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour