Monday, February 6, 2017

Merry Monday #234 - CAS

Hello friends.  Kathy is our hostess this week at Merry Monday, and she would like to see CAS (clean and simple) on your Christmas cards.




CAS is not the easiest for me (I love to add and add to the point where I don't know when to stop sometimes!!), but I am getting better at it!  Practice, practice, practice!  One thing I have learned is that CAS involves LOTS of WHITE space, so here is my mostly white and CAS card:


I used SU!'s Embellished Ornaments dies and cut the top layer from white and the back layer from a left over piece of watercolored cs (Peerless Watercolours and Brusho's).  I used PTI's Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical die for my card base and the top layer, and then dry embossed the top layer with SU!'s Pine Bough embossing folder.  For my sentiment I used PTI's Wet Paint: Holiday Die Collection and die cut the word "peace" 3 times and glued together for some more dimension.  There is quite a bit going on in this card, but because I did most everything in white and used just the pop of color on the ornament, I think it qualifies as CAS!

Head on over to the MERRY MONDAY site to see all the fabulous inspiration from my team mates, and then play along with us!  It's never too early to get started on those Christmas cards, and we would love to help you out...can't wait to see what CAS cards you come up with!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!





8 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

I love your elegant card Marcia, your ornament is so pretty. Have a great week.

Lori Turner said...

GORGEOUS card, Marcia! You rocked this challenge - big time! Have a wonderful week xoxox

Linda said...

Beautiful and elegant Marcia.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - just love your embellished ornament, Marcia! So yummy with the white pines!!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia. Your ornament just pops off the all white background which is so pretty with lots of texture. xx

Rosemary said...

beautiful design, Marcia... love the pop of blue against all the lovely white!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful! I LOVE to add lots of stuff too! I agree, it takes practice to get a good CAS card LOL.

Greta said...

Gorgeous, elegant card, Marcia!