Thursday, February 23, 2017

Birthday Thank You's

Hello friends.  I celebrated a milestone birthday last week and received some wonderful stamping gifts from 2 of my dear friends...and finally got a chance to make a couple thank you cards using my new "toys"! 


This was a take off from a card that Melissa Phillips did HERE, but I added quite a bit more to mine!  I used MFT's Sketched Blooms 2 for the flowers inside the heart (PTI's Limitless Layers Heart Dies) and 2 new dies from my dear friend Birgit from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  (Dandelion Fluff and Leafy Branch 5)  The "thank you" is from PTI's Keep It Simple: Thank You, the "friend" die cut is from SOA/Casual Fridays Girlfriend set, and the embossing folder on my white background is from SU! (retired).  Quite busy, but I really like it! 


A much simpler card this time, but I love the way this one came out too!  In fact, I can't imagine any card not coming out cute when using this darling image from MFT's Pure Innocence Warmest Wishes.  This stamp was part of a package FULL of new stamp sets from my wonderful friend Sue, who spoiled me rotten on my birthday too!  (Aren't stamping friends just the best?!!)  My DSP is from a 6 x 6 pad called Altitude Collection by BoBunny.  The little wooden snowflake is from SU! and the bakers twine is from The Twinery. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!


4 comments:

Darnell said...

You were a lucky birthday girl, Marcia, and way to go using your goodies right away! You have a great artistic range from CAS to CAL! Love them both and the pretty jewel tones you used! Hugs, Darnell

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia, two beautiful cards! I just adore that little girl from MFT. She's super cute and so fun to color up. I love how you used the dies in the first card too. So glad you're putting your new goodies to such wonderful use. Happy day my friend!

Jill Norwood said...

Happy Birrhday Marcia!!!! I hope you have a year full of blessings! I love both of these lovely cards my dear!!!! Your blog is full of gorgeous cards!!!!!! And how fun to be friends with Birgit from Elizabeth Craft Designs too! I love her die designs so much and love watching her YT tutorials! 😀

Nancy Penir said...

Why don't I know when your birthday is???? I make cards! I love to send special people cards. You are officially on the bd list! Card in the mail! A little late, but with lots of xoxoxoxo!!!