Thursday, July 21, 2016

Make It Monday #256 - Spritzed Stamps

Hello friends.  Melissa Phillips shares her tips on this weeks Make It Monday video on how to get a water colored look with spritzing your stamps with water.  This has been a favorite technique of mine for some time now, but if you've never tried it, you definitely need to check Melissa's video and beautiful cards out!

I used Maile Belle's  Splits: Just A Note stamp set and came up with a set of 4 note cards in a very short time.  Take a look:




I used Hibiscus Burst and Orange Zest inks and then embossed the sentiments in black.  (I did use the "thank you" from one of the other Splits stamp set)  Then I simply layered each panel with a piece of Hibiscus Burst and Orange Zest card stock, and then mounted that to a white card base.  A few enamel dots finished off each of these CAS cards, and that quickly I now have a nice little set of note cards to give one of my girlfriends next month for her birthday!  :0)

Still time to play along, so check out Melissa's video and beautiful cards right HERE and play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)



14 comments:

Birgit said...

These came out great Marcia! I love the colors you used and the CAS design. What a nice gift set for your friend!!

lainey said...

Marcia, what a beautiful set of note cards for your lucky friend! Great choice of colors - so bright and cheery looking.

Nancy Penir said...

Your friend will LOVE these Marcia! What a sweet thought. Love that stamp and the colors you chose. So warm and feminine. And the dots add the perfect bling!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

These turned out BEAUTIFULLY! Your friend will love them.
That splits set was a perfect choice. AWESOME!

Linda said...

Great gift for your friend Marcia. So pretty.

Kathy Mc said...

What friend wouldn't love this set of darling notecards, Marcia? Love all the white space with your pops of color. Hibiscus Burst and Orange Zest worked very well for this technique. Now I "need" some Splits, too!

Unknown said...

What a lovely card. It's so clean and simple, but looks really great. I love the splits stamp with this technique.

Betty Wright said...

I just love these splits sets! Great ensemble of cards, Marcia! Beautifully done!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful set of notecards, Marcia! Love the CAS design and pretty colors your spritzing created :-)

Marybeth said...

Oh wow!!!!!! You mad a whole gorgeous set!!!!! Absolutely stunning! now I really wish I had that set !!!!

Barbara said...

Wowzer! I played around with this stamps set too and I love the way yours turned out. You are just a better stamper than me. This is gorgeous and love the set that you made with it.

Loll said...

These turned out so beautifully Marcia. It is a fantastic way to use markers. Love the colours and your CAS design. This also looks very similar to CAS(E) this sketch's challenge for this week. :) xx

Sue said...

Great set of notecards to give to a friend. I love this technique too. Beautiful as always, my friend!

Greta said...

I have yet to ink up that stamp & never thought to use for the spritzing--thanks for the inspiration, Marcia!