Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Create Along With Us - February 2016

Hello friends.  LOTS to be inspired by over at Papertrey Ink this month, and I was especially taken by Heather Nichols sweet and simple little card using her new set coming out this month called BE.  I made my card horizontal instead of vertical, and this is what I came up with:


I used In The Meadow Die Collection to create the curve, and then stamped a couple small flower images from Bitty Bouquets in Orange Zest, Tropical Teal, Hibiscus Burst, and Pink Lady inks.  The "be" is part of the word "believe" from a TH die and the HAPPY is from the Keep it Simple: Happy Birthday set.  I hand drew in the stitching lines and added a bakers twine bow at the top.  A quick and simple card, and I'm very excited to see the rest of this new set by Heather when it comes out!

You can check out what all the other players have been inspired by this month right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)

8 comments:

Birgit said...

Your card is so sweet, my friend! Love the little flowers and how clever that they're from the petite pots collection. I would think to stamp just the flowers.

Marybeth said...

Loving all the pretty stamped flowers Marcia ! Beautiful card!

Sue said...

It was even prettier in person. I love all the flowers...looks like patterned paper. Just beautiful, Marcia!!

Jeni Jenne said...

I would have never thought to cut off part of the word believe to use the "be". Now that is smart! Great take on Heather's card!

Kay Miller said...

This is so sweet Marcia! Love all the little flowers and so clever how you altered the sentiment! Beautiful card!

Linda said...

Beautiful Marcia. Love the colors.

Joyously Noelle said...

That card will make someone happy =)

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my! I started to do this card, but did not think I could handle all the white space. Never thought to make it a sideways card...duh! Fantastic design, Marcia!