Friday, February 26, 2016

Birgit & Marcia's February 2016 Challenge

 MFT_BeautifulBlooms_KitPreview


For those of you who follow our little mini challenges each month, my dear friend BIRGIT and I decided to use the beautiful color combinations that MFT used in their very first kit that they offered in January.


The kit sold out very quickly, which was probably a good thing for me, since I couldn't really afford it at the time.  Birgit was in the same boat as I was financially, but we both agreed that the colors they used in this kit were just stunning together.  So anyway, we decided to try and come up with colors as close to those used in this kit, and make some cards of our own.  Here's what I came up with:




 

 
 
I had SO much fun playing with these colors!  The purples, greens, and blues are just so pretty together, and really make me think SPRING!!  And after almost a foot of snow on Wednesday this week, I'm really, really looking forward to Spring! 
 
I'm being really lazy as I type this up about writing down the recipes for each card, so if you want to know stamp sets and dies that I used, please just contact me!
 
Make sure you stop by BIRGIT'S blog and see all the beauties she created with these lovely colors too...I know you won't be disappointed!! 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out what my dear friend Birgit and I have been up to (besides enabling each other...hey, what are friends for?!!) this month...we really do love it when you visit us!!  Have a great weekend!!  :0) 
 

9 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia! I love them all! Isn't it wonderful that we can create equally beautiful cards using what we already have? It's hard to choose a favorite because they're all fabulous, but if I had to choose, it would be the tea cup filled with flowers. What is the flower stamp you used for that? Love it! Great job, my friend! What fun this has been.

Patti said...

Wowie!! I hopped over from Brigit's blog to see your cards! WOW!! Each one is stunning! : )

Patti

Linda said...

Wow, Marcia. You made so many amazing cards with those colors. Love them all. Your mojo is really working. Love those colors together.

Sue said...

Beautiful! You know I love these colors together as much as you do! You and Birgit nailed your challenge wonderfully! I love all your cards and Birgit's! Just stunning!!

Loll said...

WOW ... beautiful array of cards Marcia. It really is a pretty colour combination and you have used it to perfection. Each card is so creative. So fun that you and Birgit started this fun challenge! xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

You have some beautiful cards there Marcia!
I am so with you, even though I like everything I see at PTI and MFT, but I just gotta stop myself for purchasing every single month, this year, I set a target for myself, I only allowed myself to make 6 purchases in 2016, so I just have to bite my fingers and practice some self-control! : 0

Colleen said...

Okay, you and Birgit really out did yourselves with your challenge. Amazing cards, Marcia and so was Birgit's!! Fun to see what you both did with the same color choices! Loved looking at them all!!

Ros Crawford said...

OMG your cards are stunning!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia I love all the cards you made with Birgit! This is such a fun series!!