Thursday, January 7, 2016

Merry Monday #186 - White on White

Hello friends.  It's the start of a new year over at the Merry Monday challenge site, and this week we are being challenged to use the elegant combination of white on white!  There are some absolutely beautiful creations from the DT and players this week that you aren't going to want to miss!  Here's what I came up with:



I used a little bit of everything on this card!  I started by die cutting the "merry" 3 times (PTI - Wonderful Words: Holiday Die Collection) and then embossing just one of them with white embossing powder.  After gluing the 3 together with the embossed one on top, I figured where I wanted to place it and then made 3 embossed lines across the front of the card base.  Next I added a Holly Flourish from Cheery Lynn Designs, and then a glittered up die cut poinsettia from Spellbinders.  The little bird comes from SSS (Bird of Roses), and I also added a few pearls to the center of the poinsettia and a smaller one for the eye of the bird.  I finished with simply stamping "Christmas" in Delicata Golden Glitz ink for just a touch of neutral. 

 
Isn't this a gorgeous inspiration picture?!!!  My house is more rustic than elegant, so I don't think I could pull something like this off, but I sure do like looking at it!! :0)  Make sure you check out all the beauties this photo has inspired, and even play along!  Seriously, Merry Monday's has helped me have my Christmas cards basically done (sometimes I forget to do the insides!) for the past 2 years since I started playing along, and it is definitely a wonderful feeling not to panic come December and realize you have how many cards to get done (along with everything else!) in a very short time!!  You can check out all the info and inspiration to play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

12 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! So beautiful with the different die cuts. Lots of texture and fabulous die cuts, but still has the feeling of simplicity. Love it!

Stella said...

White on white; timeless elegance. I LOVE tha bird die!

Linda said...

Gorgeous card Marcia. White on white is so elegant. Looks like you are on your way to being creative again. I felt envious of you and Colleen when you two were whipping out all of those tags. Anyway, beautiful job and thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Heather Hopson said...

This is a beautiful card. Love your design!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love this, Marcia! All the white die cuts look amazing with the stamped gold Christmas sentiment!!

Bonnie said...

I love all the depth and textures, Marcia! And what a gorgeous bird die! You have outdone yourself! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Birgit said...

Wow, Marcia~ This is so gorgeous!! White on white is so classy and elegant and you've captured it beautifully! I love the bit of sparkle around each of the flower petals. So stunning! And that bird die is fabulous as well.

Colleen said...

Marcia, this is stunning!! I love all your layers of white, you have added so much detail to everything! Thank you for joining us at MM!!

Erika said...

Wow! You pulled it off for sure! This card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your techs. You are on point about having Christmas Cards ready by the end of the year. I am looking forward to playing along with Merry Monday for the very same reasons.

Rosemary said...

your card is so beautiful... the layering of the die cuts is outstanding!!

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh this is so elegant and gorgeous Marcia! Love the inspration photo too...I keep seeing white on white choclate in my mind:) your card looks amazing ! You used perfect dies for this!
Thanks for your sweet comment :)

AlisonC said...

Love the way you've put it all together. It makes a stunning card.