Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Tail of Two Plaids

Hello friends.  I actually have 2 cards to share with you today because I can't decide which one I like better!  They're both basically the same, but made with different color plaids, so I'll let you decide!  Take a look:





Both plaids are from PTI's Holiday Plaids, the mouse is from MFT Harvest Mouse, the jingle bell die cut is from Lil Inker Designs, and the sentiment is from PTI's Season's Greetings.  I used a Soft Sky card base on the first card, and colored the mouse with my Copics and the background with Tumbled Glass distress ink and a blending tool.  I liked the way it turned out, but......   So next I started with a kraft card base, gave the mouse a tan sweater and paper pieced his vest to match the plaid on the side.  I used a gold bell this time and embossed in gold the same sentiment as the first card.  After I finished the 2nd one, I couldn't decide which one I liked best, so just decided to post them both.  You can let me know which one you like better!  :0)

The challenge at Merry Monday this week is to use plaid on your card, and you can see all kinds of beautiful cards and play along right HERE. 


I'm also entering these cards over at the HLS January Christmas Challenge where the challenge is "Jingle".  You can check it out and play right HERE.


Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment...I love it when you do!!  :0)

13 comments:

Linda said...

Such cute cards Marcia. Great choice of plaids on the second card. lol. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

jasann said...

what a lovely card, I love the mouse and jingle bell,

Birgit said...

They're both adorable Marcia! I love the little plaid vest you gave the second mouse. Too cute!! How clever of you to give the mouse a little bell to carry as well. What a great way to stretch your stamps.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

They are both very cool but I love that paper pieced vest on that second one. Such fun!

paper bag create said...

OMG..love both of your cards...the mouse is so cute and love the idea of the bell diecut!! Great cards. :)

Colleen said...

too cute..too hard to pick a favorite!! Love that little mouse holding the bell!! Maybe I love the second one more....still, AWESOME! Thank you for playing at Merry Monday!

Ashwini Rao said...

They are both adorable! But I am partial to the one with the kraft base.

Elizabeth said...

That little mouse is so sweet! I love him with the plaid vest!

Sharron said...

Both cards are so adorable! This mouse set is one of my very favorites. The first design is so bright and festive but I think I would pick the second plaid pattern. especially fun with the little mouse wearing a plaid vest!

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are so cute Marcia, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Carol said...

Fabulous Christmas card, thanks for joining our Jingle challenge at HLS. Carol DT x

BożenA said...

Two beautiful card. I love the sweet mouse and a nice jingle. Thank you for sharing with HLS CC. I hope that you come back to us next month :-)
hugs,
BozenA

Susan said...

Great cards! Love the use of the bell with the sweet mouse! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!