Monday, July 20, 2015

Stippled Blossoms

Hello friends.  Stippled Blossoms (SU!) is one of those stamp sets that was in the catalog for forever, and I always wanted it, but until it went on the retired list this year, I kept putting it off.  Guess I got my hand twisted by SU!, but I'm glad I did get it, as it is a beautiful set!  Took me a few practice tries to get the flower and leaves lined up (a 2 step stamp)...I've gotten so spoiled by clear stamps where it's a lot easier to line things up!  But anyway, here's the card I came up with:



I used a Heidi Swapp background stamp with Smoky Slate ink for my background, and then fussy cut the roses and leaves that I stamped with Real Red (stamped off), Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate, and black inks.  I finished with an embossed sentiment banner (PTI's Keep it Simple: Thinking of You), an enamel dot, a few rainstones, and some bakers twine.  I think the part that took me the longest (after my lining up practice that is!) was the fussy cutting...otherwise it was a pretty simple card, and I think the red, black and white really makes it one of those impact cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0) 

6 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful, Marcia.

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia, this is gorgeous! I love the monochromatic colors with the pop of red. Those flowers really are beautiful! It's hard going back to using wood mounted stamps. I still have a few but find them so much harder to use than I used to. We certainly do get spoiled with using the clear ones! Love your beautiful card!!

The Paper Toile said...

This is so lovely! Beautiful!

Marybeth said...

I love this set ,happy I bought it well over a year ago. Your beautiful card reminded me to get it out again. So pretty over that background nicely done glad you got the set , Im sure you will love it Marcia!

Diane said...

Wow really gorgeous design Marcia.

Hugs Diane

Sue said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the colors you chose and the Heidi Swapp background. I have yet to ink up this set.