Thursday, July 9, 2015

Stenciled Butterfly

Hello friends.  I'm sure like many of you stampers out there, when your mojo starts to fade, you check out Pinterest.  What would we do without that great space?!!  Anyway, my mojo has definitely been lacking lately, so off to Pinterest I went, and was inspired by a card I saw there from hskelly (Splitcoaststampers).  Here is my version:



I used the die from Life is Beautiful (PTI) to create a stencil, and then embossed just the tip of the fern stamp from Butterfly Basics (SU!) with white embossing powder.  After replacing the stencil again after embossing, I used Tumbled Glass and Shaded Lilac Distress Inks (TH) and blended the colors together.  The sentiment and a few iridescent sequins finished off this simple 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous Marcia.

Greta said...

Beautifully decorated butterfly, Marcia! Love this card!