Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Merry Monday #167 - Hearts

Hello friends.  The challenge over at Merry Monday this time is to use hearts.  For some reason Hearts and Christmas make me think vintage, so that was the starting point for my card.  Take a look:



Although there's not a lot of stamping on this card, I did have a great time going through all my Christmas scraps of DSP.  I started out making a whole circle of the small triangles of scrap DSP, but when I centered the heart over the center of the circle, the pieces of DSP were just tiny slivers, so I ended up moving the heart die further to the edge of the circle. (hope that makes sense!!) This way I was also able to cut out 4 hearts, so I can make another 3 cards like this! :0)  I used PTI's Limitless Layers: Hearts to cut out the heart and scalloped heart that borders the heart.  The tag, heart border, and holly dies are all PTI.  The hardest part of this whole card was tying the thin gold thread in a bow that attaches the tag to the ribbon! 


There's still time to play along with Bonnie's challenge...I am loving the 2 week challenge timeline, since it gives me a little more time to mull over what I want to do! :0)  You can check out all the inspiration and info to play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!

10 comments:

Darnell said...

WOWOWOWOWOW, Marcia! What a winning card this is!! You did an amazing job using your scraps for that heart and your design composition is flawless with the various patterns and layers and texture! Sigh. I wish I could do this! You should enter this over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop where the only rule is that you use snippets (scraps)! The gals across the pond would swoon over this!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Colleen said...

Marcia, your perseverance paid off...WOW, this is amazing! I love all your layers and the papers you selected go so well together! Way to go my friend! Fabulous Christmas card...and I am liking the 2 week challenge too!!

Linda said...

Lovely vintage heart card, Marcia.

Wendy said...

This card is gorgeous, Marcia! Love the starburst heart and those pretty papers! Such a beautiful design! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Bonnie said...

I love your pieced heart, Marcia! It reminds me of a treasured Christmas quilt! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Birgit said...

Marcia, this is stunning and I'm loving the colors accented with gold! The pieced heart looks great! I like it with the points coming together at the bottom. You'll be all set with your cards by the time Christmas comes.

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful, Marcia! Love the papers you used. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday~!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this quilted heart!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a great way to create a paper-pieced heart! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

Susan Joyce said...

Love the Country/Vintage feel of your card Marcia, very pretty. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.