Friday, July 17, 2015

Merry Monday #166 - Penguins



Hello friends.  Playing with Merry Monday and the challenge is to use a penguin.  I only have 2 penguin stamps, and wasn't too motivated to use either one.  But I did really like how Katie Melhus used her SU! Owl Punch to make a penguin and decided to give it a try!  Take a look:



I asked my daughter and her girlfriend what kind of bird they thought this was, and they both replied "penguin" right away, so I guess I did it right!  A quick and easy card!  Here's my supply list:

Stamp sets:  Christmas Story (Penny Black), Winter Wonderland (Penny Black), Phrase Play #9 (PTI)
Inks:  Real Red (SU!), Memento Tuxedo Black, R29 & C1 Copic Markers
Accessories: Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (SU!), Diamond Dots (Michaels), Bakers Twine (Michaels)

 
 
 
You can check out all the details to play along right HERE.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!

8 comments:

Birgit said...

This is just darling and such a clever use for the owl punch! It makes a perfect penguin and I love his shiny little Christmas hat too! Great take on the challenge, Marcia!

Linda said...

Marcia, this is just too adorable. And thank you for the wonderful comment about my Betsy card.

Linda said...

Love this little guy ..... so festive! xx

Marybeth said...

This is adorable! Funny thing is I took that punch out and then forgot how to make a penguin . Love that Santa hat too!

Bonnie said...

This is an awesome penguin, Marcia! Love that Santa hat! And your layout is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday and for the sweet birthday wishes!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Super cute penguin - love the glossy hat, Marcia! Thanks for playing along at Merry Monday!!

Wendy said...

Way too cute, Marcia! Love that penguin and the design of your card! SO adorable & SO perfect! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Theresa Jacoby said...

Hi Marcia! Your penguin is too cute!!!!