Monday, July 27, 2015

Happy Birthday Birgit

Hello friends.  I know I've mentioned before how wonderful I think the stamping/blogging community is, but just have to say again how blessed I feel to have so many blogging friends out there!  One of my newest friendships is with Birgit Norton of Crafting While I Wait, and she celebrated a birthday last week.  Of course I had to send her a hand stamped card, right??!!  Take a look:



 
I've been challenging myself to use some of the stamp sets I've HAD to have and then they sit on the shelf.  I HAD to have Choose Happiness (SU!) and then it sat for quite awhile, so Birgit's birthday card seemed like a great time to break it in!  I just love all the stamps in this set...especially the bird stamp!  I used So Saffron, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, & Soft Suede inks, and also PTI's Tiny Tags and Background Basics: Gingham stamps to create this card.  The ribbon and button are from SU!'s Sale a bration this year, and also a little bit of bakers twine from The Twinery.  Oh and a little bit of lace from my stash and a few enamel dots. 
 
Here's a look at the inside:
 
 
 
Even decorated the envelope too, but forgot to take a picture of it...sorry!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful Monday!  And Happy Birthday again Birgit...hope your day truly was special!! :0)
   

2 comments:

Birgit said...

Marcia, this card was even more glorious in person! I can't thank you enough for being so sweet!

Linda said...

Beautiful birthday card. I'm sure Birgit loved it.