Thursday, June 18, 2015

Merry Monday #163 - Use Red & White

Hello friends.  This week at Merry Monday, we are being asked to use red and white on our Christmas cards.  My card is probably one of the simplest cards I have ever made, although it didn't start out that way.  I had all kinds of white trees, snow slopes, and snowflakes cut out to go along with my red sledder and sentiment, but no matter how I rearranged all the pieces, it just never came out like I pictured it in my head!  After pitching all the pieces but the red sledder, the light bulb suddenly went on and this is what I came up with:


Can't get much more simple than this, can it?!!  I simply curved my sentiment (PTI's In the Meadow) on my stamping block to mimic a hill and stamped it in Real Red ink.  I pop dotted my sledder (PTI's In the Meadow) on the base of the hill and added a couple mini white stars that were left over from the snowflakes that I didn't use from the first card.  So while it is definitely a CAS card, I wouldn't call my version a "quick" card. :0)  Either way though, I really like how it turned out!  Makes me think of an Ardyth card! :0)
  


Wouldn't you love to sit down to Christmas dinner at this table all decorated in red and white?  Join in and play along...you can find all the info and inspiration right here.

Thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do! :0)

9 comments:

Fabiola said...

j'aime beaucoup Marcia, sobre et adorable, biz

Linda said...

Great CAS card, Marcia. So creative. Awesome.

Cards by Beckie said...

I love it!! Beckie x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

How cute is this, Marcia?! Just love your little sledder going down the sentiment "hill"!!

Greta said...

This came out great, Marcia! Perfect CAS creation!

Margaret said...

What a fun card!

Barbara said...

Lovely! So simple, yet so expressive!

Katie Melhus said...

You created such good movement on this super fun card! way to rock the red and white! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Betty said...

wonderful CAS card, Marcia - love it!