Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Merry Monday #153 - Angels/Cherubs





Hello friends.  Playing along with the challenge at Merry Monday this week, where we are being asked to use an angel or cherub on our Christmas card.  You'd think with the number of angels I have around my house (lots and lots!!), that I'd have lots of angel stamps too, but sadly only 2!  However, I do really like the one in Paper Smooches "A Blessed Christmas" stamp set!  I kept my card very simple and used a few Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Dusty Concord, & Spun Sugar) for my background, and then embossed the angel with white embossing powder.  Take a look:
 
 
The sentiment is from WPlus9.  I added a few sequins to finish it off, but I'm second guessing myself now and kinda wishing I had left them off.  But anyway, I really do like how this card came out, and I'm thinking I'm going to make a few more to ramp up my Christmas card stash! :0)

You can find all the information to play along and also check out all the other entries right here.



Thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do! :0)

13 comments:

Marybeth said...

Love your CAS card Marcia! I relized I might only have two as well,need to fix that. Love your blended sky...gorgeous!

Kristie Goulet said...

Oooh! LOVE this, Marcia! Your blended sky is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent card Marcia. I think the sequins add just the perfect finishing touch. Beautiful.

Blessings
Jim

Creating with Susan said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the sky you created for the angel!

Kara Lynne said...

That is such a sweet angel! I love your background for her and I think the sequins balance out the sentiment.

Bonnie said...

This is a darling little angel, Marcia! Love the colors you sponged on the sky and the sequins! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Snap ... just spotted we've used the same image Marcia.
I'm loving your inky coloured backdrop they combine brilliantly and the image looks superb in white!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Such a pretty card and pretty colors! Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing with us this week at Merry Monday!

Wanda said...

Gorgeous background with distress inks!

Wendy said...

This card is gorgeous, Marcia! Love the colors and that adorable little angel! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Marie Bingaman said...

Very pretty Marcia! :)

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Marcia. I saw you at Merry Monday. Carol x

Sue said...

Awesome card, Marcia! Great CAS card, too! Beautiful!