Saturday, February 7, 2015

PTI 8th Anniversary Day 2 - Maile Style

Hello friends.  The challenge for Day 2 in PTI's 8th Anniversary contest is to create a Maile Belles style card...super clean and minimal, but strikingly bold is how I see Maile.  Here is my interpretation of one of her cards:



I had to laugh as I was going to put a solid Raspberry Fizz butterfly under the stamped butterfly layer to coordinate with the dotted DSP paper, but then thought Maile wouldn't have done that...she would opt for the brighter orange! :0)  The stamped layer is using the baby wipe technique and re-inkers.

Stamps and dies are both from PTI's "Life is Beautiful".

Thanks for stopping by today...love it when you do!

12 comments:

Nancy Guse said...

Marcia this is FABULOUS!!! I love that you went with a brighter orange!

Colleen said...

You know her style so well! And this is amazing, I love this card!

Linda said...

This is gorgeous, Marcia. Beautiful color choices.

Birgit said...

Marcia, this is truly stunning! I love the bright and vivid colors of your butterfly! I used this same technique and just posted mine. Trying not to fall behind...

Jean Franks Beck said...

So pretty - love the watercolor effect you got on the butterfly, and the layering just makes it pop so beautifully.

Kara Lynne said...

Oh so gorgeous! I love the pink polka dot strip and the orange behind the butterfly. Love that baby wipe technique too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcia!! Your card is fabulous!! I love that butterfly stamp set and die set. That set is my absolute favorite PTI set. I'm so glad they are coming out with add on.

kacee said...

I love the layering on this...lovely card.

Marybeth said...

Beautiful ,Marcia!!!!! Love the split with polka dots showing through!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning...just stunning. I love these beautiful butterflies and you totally nailed it on this one.

shimekko said...

Your card is so beautiful! Love pink and orange combo.

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card. You have Maile Belle's style down perfectly! Love it!!!