Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Thanks so much

Hello friends.  It was time to start making a few thank you notes for some of the lovely gifts I received this Christmas, and decided to play with my new "Fair Isle Motifs" stamp set (PTI).  Am really loving this set and how easy it is to use and line everything up!  A pair of Christmas socks I own is what inspired my color combination for this card, and I really like how it turned out!  Take a look:


No sunlight here again, so my flash kind of diluted the deepness of the red, but IRL it looks much nicer!  I used SU!'s Whisper White pigment ink and Momentos Tuxedo Black ink pads to stamp my design, and then added the layer to a white card base.  I finished by adding a simple black banner that I embossed with white the sentiment from "Embroidered Blooms" (PTI) and a small white enamel dot.  Quick and easy and looks just like my socks! :0)  And even a sweater my brother had when he was much younger! :0)  Definitely a fun stamp set to use and I've already got ideas floating around in my head for Christmas cards for next year! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope all of you have fun celebrating the New Year tonight and tomorrow!   

No comments: