Sunday, June 15, 2014

Festive Friday #33 and NBUS #1 Celebration

Hello friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend celebrating the dad's in your lives!  My hubby got stocked up on dark chocolate from the girls and the dogs, so he's a happy guy right now! :0) 

Playing along with a couple challenges - Festive Fridays with a beautiful inspiration picture, and a new challenge from the wonderful and oh so funny Darnell, who coined the acronym NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff - stamps that you HAD to have and then NEVER used!!.)  I'm afraid I have more of these than I'd like to admit!  But hey, I'll be the first to admit that I have an addiction problem, and quite frankly, I don't care if I'm ever cured!  So anyway, Darnell would like us to use a NBUS stamp (or two) and combine it with a "friendship" theme.  My stamp is definitely a NBUS as it's an older SU! stamp that hadn't even been mounted onto the wooden block yet,  ("Basket Full of Fun"), and I'm combining the "friendship" theme with Christmas for Festive Friday as I love sending my hand-made cards to friends at Christmas.  Now without further ado, here is my card:


I chose to work with the basket from the inspiration picture as my starting point, and then added the smaller pine sprig from PTI's "Peaceful Pinecones" stamp set to the basket.  I'm so bummed you can't see it, but I added Wink of Stella to the pine boughs, and IRL they really sparkle!  I have been seeing a huge trend with using stencils for backgrounds lately, but I don't have any, so I added ink sparingly to a retired SU! background stamp ("Canvas") and really like the look I came up with...kind of shabby and vintage. :0)  I finished with a seam binding ribbon and tiny tag (PTI - "Tiny Tags").  Click on the picture to enlarge it to see more of the detail.



You can play along with both challenges by following these links:

Festive Fridays here
NBUS Challenge #1 here

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

4 comments:

Darnell said...

Oh, you clever, clever girl, Marcia! I am resisting the stencil/ embossing paste trend, only because I have SO many techniques I have never tried and here you are, showing me the way I can achieve the look with the bg stamps I already own! Mwah!!! This card is an awesome shabby chic Christmas card with your sweet floral and pine bough basket and wee tag!! I can easily imagine the shine from the WOS!

Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge, posting my button, and paying me such terrific compliments! I appreciate your support and enthusiasm!! Hugs, Darnell

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty Christmas card!

jimlynn said...

It may be an older image but it's absolutely stunning!!! SO gorgeous!
Lynn

Ardyth said...

Love that you focused on the basket! You've captured the rustic country feel of this scene perfectly! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!