Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Merry Monday #110 - Christmas Food

Good morning friends.  Playing along with the Merry Monday challenge, and this week they are asking us to use "food" for our Christmas card.  While searching through my stash for something to use, I found a stamp I had never used before that I'm thinking fits just perfectly for "Christmas Food".  Food for the soul that is.  Take a look:


If you click to enlarge the picture, you should be able to read the poem that makes up the candy cane.  Here's the poem for those that can't make it out:

Look at a CANDY CANE, what do you see?
Stripes that are RED like the BLOOD, shed for me!
WHITE for my Savior, who's sinless and pure!
"J" is for JESUS, my Lord that's for sure!
Turn it around and a staff you will see.
Jesus, my SHEPERD, is coming for me!

After stamping the candy cane (My Sentiments Exactly) in Real Red ink (SU!), I used a portion of a Quickutz embossing folder and embossed the manger scene over the center of the candy cane.  Added a few red and iridescent sequins and red & white bakers twine to finish off this CAS card. 



You can check out all the rest of the entries and play along over at the Merry Monday site.  WARNING:  If you like cupcakes, some of the entries and cards from the design team are going to make you hungry!! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful Wednesday!

9 comments:

Sue said...

Love the candy cane stamp! Very pretty card. Great card to easily mass produce!

Kathy said...

Awesome idea - just love this card! Blake's girlfriend really loved her birthday card yesterday - one of yours, of course! She went on and on about it, and didn't mention the gift inside of it, lol. Thanks for helping me make her happy!

Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent and innovative.

Granmargaret said...

This is a lovely card. I love the candy cane words. I saw it on Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card Marcia, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Bonnie said...

Food for the soul, indeed, Marcia! What a wonderful idea for this challenge! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful card - such a lovely sentiment/verse!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Katie Melhus said...

That candy cane really pops against the white background :) love the sequins, too! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Di said...

Love your card and the candy cane is really lovely. A very clever stamp used beautifully!

Hugs, Di xx