Monday, April 28, 2014

This, That, and the Other

Good morning friends.  Lately I've been playing so many challenges, that I haven't had time to show you "life" things that have been happening.  A week ago my middle daughter and her husband celebrated their first anniversary, so thought I'd share the simple card I made for them. 


I used SU!'s "Flowering Flourishes" stamp set and Gumball Green ink to mimic what was used on her actual wedding invitations, and the sentiment is from PTI's "Think Big Favorites #24", which I embossed in silver.  It looked too plain at this point, so I used a Martha Stewart punch on the left hand side and then placed a small strip of Gumball Green cardstock behind the punchout so it would show up better.  I finished with some green and white bakers twine and a few silver nailheads (Gina K).  A simple card, but really like the way it turned out! :0)

Every year at Easter, I make these little bunny nuggets for my table, and I took a picture meaning to show it to you last week, and then forgot...old age is creepin in, don't ya know?!!  Take a look:


Aren't they cute?!  Usually I do all different colored bodies, but this year I found all different scraps of "green" DSP to use for their bodies to match my color scheme for the table.  I think I had used 11 different DSP, but there were only a few bunnies left for me to photograph after my family scarfed them all down!  (what can I say...we're all chocaholics in my family!!)  For the bodies I used a 1" x 3" strip of DSP, and then the face is a Rubber Stampede stamp (Hobby Lobby) that I stamped on white cs with Momento Tuxedo Black ink, and then colored with a few of my Copics.  For their tails, I used a little glue dot and small white pom poms.  Simple to make and everyone loves them! :0)

In my last Papertrey Ink order, I received an Easter card from their new line of scrapbooking materials, and I loved the yellow polka dotted half of the card so much that I used my new Tag Sale #10 die and made my own little tag to attach to one of my daughters Easter treat bag.  Take a look:


The backside of the card was just white, and I used that to stamp the bunny from that $1 stamp I used on my card a while ago here .  Pretty simple, but cute, cute! :0)

And one last picture to leave you with today.  Our middle daughter and her husband added a miniature Dachsund puppy to their family about a month ago, and finally remembered to take a picture when they were over yesterday.  (this picture is actually my youngest daughter holding Beamer)



Isn't he a cutie?!!  He's 14 weeks old now and weighs about 6lbs. (he'll get to 10lbs full grown).  Nothing sweeter than a puppy, is there?  Well unless it's an actual baby, but I have to be patient and wait till September for that!  :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! :0)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Marcia.love all your projects! I will try your bunny chocolate one next year if I can remember, haha. Your picture of C. and the puppy is beyond adorable!

Colleen said...

This was a fun post...liked seeing your daughter and the cute puppy (too bad they can't stay that small and cute forever!) OMG, when I saw your chocolate nuggets with the bunny, I thought, that looks familiar...sure enough it is in my stash! I love your idea, now I just have to remember to use it...can you do me a favor and make them and post it a bit earlier on your blog NEXT year!! *wink* lol!!

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the card Marcia. The chocolate would never last long enough to make it to the table with a Chocaholic DW. Cute tag, puppy and daughter. Fun post.

Blessings

Darnell said...

Your post was just chuck-full of delight, Marcia! Love the card, and the tag, and (especially) the bunny candy, and (extra especially) the puppy and beautiful daughter!! TFS!! Hugs, Darnell