Thursday, April 17, 2014

Festive Friday Challenge #29

Good morning friends.  Ever have one of those ideas that you can see so clearly in your head, but it just doesn't come out on paper (or cardstock?!)?  Festive Fridays has shown another amazingly beautiful picture to inspire us for this challenge, and I had an idea come to mind right away last Friday when the picture came out, but it has not come out like the picture in my head...grrrrrrr!  (Actually I know I'm not alone in this, as my friend Sue and I just discussed this yesterday and she's having the same problem...it's wonderful to have someone to share frustrations with!!)  So anyway, the card I'm sharing with you today is no where near the card I had planned to share with you, but it turned out ok and is growing on me! :0)  Take a look:


I started with a white card base, and then layered another layer of white that I embossed with a SU! embossing folder and sponged with some Baked Brown Sugar ink.  I used the largest of the Spellbinders "Floral Ovals" dies and kraft cardstock to put my main image on, and also lightly sponged the edges with white ink (click on the picture for a closer up to see the detail).  I stamped and embossed with white my sentiment (PTI's "Think Big Favorites #21") and then used the candles from PTI's "Birthday Style" with Versa Mark ink over the sentiment.  Added a little bit of greenery with a MS branch punch, and then embellished with a few small pearls. 


I love the mirror in this inspiration photo, and that was kind of what I was trying to replicate in my first card, but couldn't seem to accomplish.  Oh well, maybe another time!  There are some beautiful cards that have been inspired by this photo over at the Festive Friday site, and I encourage you to check them out and play along!  My Christmas card stash really is growing quite nicely and it's only April...yeah!! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!
 

7 comments:

Kathy said...

This pretty card is one of my favorites now! I just love the gold oval base.

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautiful card. It does inspire peace. The gold color was a perfect choice.

Ardyth said...

This happens to all of us - and sometimes when it doesn't turn out the way we thought it would, we focus on that, rather than on the beautiful card it actually turned out to be! This is gorgeous - so glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

Colleen said...

I think it is perfect! I love the spellbinders die for the frame...really beautiful, Marcia!!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, Marcia! I like everything about it :)

Kay Miller said...

Oh so beautiful! I love the gold! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

Rebecca Luminarias said...

I'm with you, Marcia--I HATE when that happens! But luckily, your card turned out beautifully in the end! I especially love the evergreens decorated with the tiny pearls. Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday!