Friday, March 21, 2014

Orange, Green...Really?

Good morning friends.  Back with the promised card I made for our youngest daughters birthday yesterday.  I don't know why I was struggling to come up with something for her, but asked her to give me a couple colors she liked to help get me started.  She said orange and green.  Really?  REALLY?  Must be something about 19 that makes you weird!  Anyway, I asked if I could add a 3rd color, and this is what I came up with:


I apologize about the quality of the picture...not very good light when I was taking photos the other day (if you click to enlarge, it will be clearer).  I ended up using Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, and Wisteria Wonder inks and cardstock, and while it's not a color combination I would have chosen, it turned out all right and Calla loved it, so all's good! :0)  I embossed with black embossing powder the tag from the "Chalk Talk" (SU!) stamp set and then used markers to color in some of the areas on the tag.  I used the Decorative Dots EF on the bottom 2/3rd's of the card and used "Petal Parade" stamp set (SU!) for the top third of the card.  I made a strip from the Arrows Textured Impressions EF (SU!) from Wisteria Wonder to add a little more of my third color.  I finished with a seam binding bow dyed with Calypso Coral re-inker and piece of Lucky Limeade bakers twine.  And a few sequins to add some bling. :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :0)
 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hope Calla enjoyed her birthday yesterday and I am sure she loved her card -it's very cute!

Darnell said...

It's so pretty, Marcia!! That seam binding ribbon is fab!! I have to say I'm not at all into orange as a rule, so I feel ya. Turns out it is my DIL's favorite color so I've had to bite that bullet a few times myself! You did it with style!! Hugs, Darnell