Thursday, March 13, 2014

MIM#155 - Creating Your Own Confetti with Papertrey Ink Dies

Good morning friends.  The challenge over at Papertrey Ink this week is to make your own confetti using different dies and coverplates.  Danielle Flanders has a great video showing lots of different ideas on how to make your own confetti, and you can check that out right here .  I've still been working on building up my stash of birthday cards, and this challenge seemed like a good way to make a card that wasn't all flowers, which is what I usually tend to do!  So anyway, here's what I came up with:



I started with PTI's "Birthday Style" stamp set and stamped the balloons in Real Red and Pool Party.  It's a little hard to see the 3rd balloon, but I stamped off with the Pool Party ink, so it's a really light color.  I used PTI's "Framed Out #12 " die with a small piece of DSP and then created my confetti with the "Super Star Border" die (PTI) to place behind the window part of the Framed Out die.  (I used a piece of clear acetate behind the window to hold the confetti in)  The "birthday" is also a PTI die and the "wishes"  is from the "Birthday Style" set.  I still had confetti left over, so I tried what Danielle did and added a piece of sticky strip to the top of the card and added the rest of my confetti.  I also added a few dots with Crumb Cake ink to the background to add another color and also to mimick the look of confetti.  Not my usual flowery card, but I really like how it turned out....thanks Danielle for the great ideas!! :0)  You can check out a lot of great cards with different types of confetti over at Nichole's blog .

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful Thursday!! :0)

10 comments:

Kay D said...

I love this- the colors, the layout, the confetti- everything!

Sue said...

I really love this card. The colors look great together. Super birthday card!

Colleen said...

I was thinking those stars would make a great confetti, too!! What a wonderful birthday card, love how the balloons are behind the frame!! Awesome!

Nancy Penir said...

Oooooh Marcia, great color combo! We thought alike with the Birthday Bash.

Melissa Sibert said...

Love this card.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What an adorable and happy happy card!

Helen F. said...

So fun and Birthday-festive, Marcia! Love how your card came out!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Great job Marcia! I love this....

Kristii said...

Love your card! The colors are fabulous and the confetti adds the perfect touch!

Danielle Flanders said...

Gorgeous! I am a sucker for anything with stars!!