Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Papertrey Ink Anniversary - Day 7

Hello friends.  The challenge at Papertrey today is to use stripes in your project.  I'm doing something a little different than a card today, since I needed a small gift holder for my hubby's Valentines Day gift.  I love making pillow box gift holders with PTI's Pillow Box die and really loved how this one came out!  Take a look:


I cut the pillow box out of kraft cs and then embossed it using a striped embossing folder.  I sponged the stripes with some Soft Suede ink (SU!) to make the stripes stand out a bit more.  (if you click to enlarge the picture, you'll be able to see them better.)  I then added PTI's Heart Border die towards the bottom with some white and red heart design paper, and then used PTI's Limitless Layers: Hearts and Limitless Layers: Heart Stitches to create the main focal image.  I also used Wonderful Words: Love die which I embossed with clear embossing powder to give it a nice shiny look.  Tied it up with a sheer red ribbon and twine, and also a tag from Tiny Tags die and stamp set (also PTI).  My natural instinct was to make it a lot more frilly and girly, but don't think hubby would have liked that!  Anyway, I think I achieved the look I was going for and really do like the way it turned out. :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by and make sure you check out all the other entries over at Nichole's blog here . 

5 comments:

Carolanne said...

Oh how cute to have a striped heart! I love the stitching around the heart and the bag with embossed stripes, too! Your hubby will love it!

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely done. I'm sure your hubby will love this.

Sue said...

Love this pillow box. The stripes look cool and I love the striped and stitched heart. Not to frilly for Chris either! I did get some Valentine mojo going too. I'll show you Friday. Just took awhile to get there. At least they are going in tomorrow's mail, which was my goal.

Irish Cherokee said...

Cute card . Hubby will like it I'm sure.

Colleen said...

How clever to add the stripes to your heart...I love it!