Saturday, February 22, 2014

MIM#152 - Take Two

Hello friends.  Decided to try Papertrey Inks Make it Monday challenge again, which is to layer pigment and dye inks together to create a kind of ghosting effect.  My first try I thought turned out beautifully, but was very subtle and hard to photograph.  I don't know if my second try turned out any clearer in the photograph, but it sure is a fun technique to do!  (You can check out Heather Nichols video on this technique here )  Take a look at try #2:


I used PTI's "Beautiful Blooms" stamp set and Calypso Coral, Pool Party, & Certainly Celery inks (SU!) for this card and I love how bright and cheery it turned out.  I used the "Script" background stamp and "Flowering Flourishes" stamp set with my white pigment ink for the backgrounds, and if you click to enlarge the picture, you'll be better able to see the shadow effect.  I also used PTI's Heart Border die, some iridescent sequins, and a piece of seam binding ribbon that I dyed with Pool Party re-inker.  The sentiment is from PTI's "Delightful Dahlia Additions" stamp set.

Still have more ideas and color combinations for this technique floating around in my head, so don't be surprised if you see a few more of these cards pop up on my blog! :0)  Thanks again for stopping by to visit...I really do love it when you do! :0) 

3 comments:

Sue said...

So pretty!! Mine didn't work out well today...will try again tomorrow or Monday afternoon.

Nancy Penir said...

Looks like you're having fun with this technique. You definitely mastered it, with this lovely layout! Beautiful!

Irish Cherokee said...

A spot of sunshine for a winter day. Nicely done.