Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Valentine Love

Good morning friends.  Feeling grateful to be here today!  Had to take our youngest back to school yesterday, and let's just say the weather was not the most cooperative!  Did a LOT of praying, and thankfully we made it there and back safely.  I will be most happy when this winter is done!!!!  And on to a lighter note, I have 2 cards to share with you today! :0)  I've still been playing around with my new PTI dies and making Valentines cards, and here's what I came up with using the Framed Love die:


For the first card I made, I stuck with just a simple red & white theme.  Started with a white card base, and then stamped the largest flourish from SU!'s "Flowering Flourishes" (have I mentioned before how much I LOVE this set?!!) off to the left in Real Red ink.  I then die cut the Love die (PTI) from white cs and matted it with Real Red.  If you click to enlarge the photo, you'll be better able to see the detail.  Before mounting it with foam dots, I added a sheer white ribbon and heart tag (Tiny Tags - PTI).  I also added a few diamond dots to the flourish and heart tag to bling it up a bit.  Then I did the exact same layout for my next card, but used design paper behind the Framed Love die:



I started with a white card base again, and then used Smokey Slate ink to stamp the flourish.  I die cut the Framed Love from a shimmery black cardstock and then backed it with a piece of design paper (Lovely Roses - The Paper Studio).  I used a white and silver ribbon on this one and some silver nailheads (Gina K) on the flourish to finish up the card.  Which one do you like best?  I'm leaning more toward the 2nd one, but I do like the simplicity of the red & white one too. :0)

That's all for today friends.  Have a wonderful Tuesday and stay warm if you're in my neck of the woods.  And if you live somewhere warm...send some of it our way - PLEASE! :0)

2 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Amazing how a few changes can make such a huge difference. Nicely done.

Sue said...

I can't decide which one I like better. They both are great! I just can't seem to get into making Valentine cards yet. Glad you made it to and from BR yesterday. That would not have been a fun trip to make.