Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Merry Monday #93 - Ornaments

Good morning friends.  Don't you just love finding something in your stamping stash that you'd completely forgotten you had?  It's like getting a gift!! :0)  Usually it's a stamp that I'd forgotten I had, but today it's design paper I'd forgotten about, and I think I've had it for years!  I admit I'm a bit (ok, a LOT) of a hoarder, and when I see things I like I have a hard time saying no.  There's a sign in my local stamp store that says "inside this shop lies a disease for which there is no cure", and I think it totally applies to me! :0)  But anyway, this week at Merry Mondays, the challenge is to use an ornament on your card, and that's where this design paper by Debbie Mumm came in.  Take a look:


I absolutely love the richness of this design paper...it's warm, bright, and whimsical!  My first thought was to add a punched or stamped ornament to the card, and I actually did try that, but just didn't like anything I came up with.  So I started thinking about ornaments, and how they go on trees, and that's where the inspiration for this card evolved.  I stamped the lone pine tree image from SU!'s "Lovely as a Tree" set in Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz on kraft cardstock and then cut out with a Spellbinders die.  I added a bit of Bashful Blue with a sponge to the background and Dazzling Diamonds glitter for the snow, and then die cut from PTI's In the Meadow the 2 birds and the bunny (which I sponged a bit with Soft Suede ink).  Here's a closer up view:


I also added a seam binding ribbon that I dyed with Certainly Celery re-inker, and a little tag from PTI's Tiny Tags die and stamp set.  I'm really happy with the way this card turned out and hope you like it too! :0)


I also have a picture to share with you today of what winter looks like at my house this year.  I know I've made several complaints lately about enough is enough, and thought maybe a picture would show what I'm talking about.  Take a look:


.

I cannot see the street from my front window because the snowbanks are SO high!  Yes, enough is enough!  Unfortunately, the 8 day forecast is showing more snow...grrrrrr!!  I looooooong for Spring...sigh!

Thanks for stopping by today, and make sure you check out all the other great card entries at Merry Monday here.  Have a wonderful Wednesday and stay safe and warm if you're in my neck of the woods!

12 comments:

Colleen said...

Marcia...your card is beautiful...I can see why you would want to hoard it! But you pulled the whole thing together so well, love those little birds, they add just the right pop of color on the trees! And, OMG, the SNOW! I am so sorry you are having such a hard winter...here in the Pacific Northwest, we are lucky to see some flakes! I hope a warm spell comes through to melt the snow for your soon!! Have a great week! Hugs, Colleen

Katie Melhus said...

Aww.. I love these birdies and bunny in that cute little scene. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Irish Cherokee said...

REALLY like this card. Fun fun fun. Festive as well.

Kathy said...

This latest Christmas card is on my favorite list - love the bunny and trees! Thanks for the picture of the snow - it reminds me of the Michigan storm from January 1978. No wonder you are so sick of the snow! Too bad it can't be shipped to the drought area on the West Coast. Hang in there, spring WILL come!

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really pretty Christmas card. and your ornament DP really makes it pop. Thanks for posting the pic...looks pretty much the way out my front window too. Spring is coming...(I hope)

Bonnie said...

That is the perfect paper, Marcia! You weren't hoarding just saving it for the perfect time to use it! Love the trees with the little birds and rabbit in the foreground! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday! {What a lot of snow!}

~Tammy~ said...

Oh that sign in that shop was meant for me as well! I am a hoarder of crafty supplies and have papers that are a zillion years old I use them bc I waste not!!

Your card is fabulous and I too live the richness of that awesome stash of paper you had!

Wow you do have your share of snow. It's been very cold in my neck if the woods, but wish we had a little more snow if it's going to be cold!

Nancy Penir said...

I love, love, LOVE the sign in your stamp store! It applies to many!
Darling paper, perfect for this challenge.Love the sweet scene you created!
Up until today, we had temps in the 70's for weeks. Wish we could ship some of that white wonderland here!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

My bones ache just seeing all that snow. I think you are right to say enough it enough. It looks like you live in a snowbank. I LOVE your card with it soft and pretty nature theme. That is scrumptious background paper I can see why you held on to it.

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card, I love the wintery scene. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty card....so glad you hoarded that paper! Your colors are just beautiful. We are so glad you played with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, Marcia! Love the trees and the beautiful paper! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)