Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Sock Snowmen

Good morning friends.  This morning I'd like to share a little craft with you rather than a card.  Most of you know I am a BIG fan of snowmen, and when I saw this cute idea on Suzanne Dean's blog here, I fell in LOVE!!  These were so much fun to make and really quick and easy too.  You simply start with the leg portion of a guys tube sock and fill it with rice and secure with rubber bands.  Suzanne has a great tutorial on her blog, so make sure you check it out.  I don't think I spent much more than an hour on the 4 that I made, and they're pretty economical to make too.  I used my husbands socks that had holes in the bottom, and the only thing I purchased was Christmas socks that were BOGO to make their stocking caps.  Take a look:



Aren't they cute?!!  I kept mine rather simple, but you can dress them up as much or as little as you want.  For the scarves on mine, I used the foot part of the sock and cut off the toe and heel sections, made a cut to make a rectangle shape, fringed each end, and then tied around their necks.  For the eyes and nose I used sticky back pearls that I colored with sharpies.  The heart buttons were in my stash and dressed them up a little with some red and white twine.  Quick, easy, and oh SO cute!

I sent all 4 off to school with my youngest for her and her friends to decorate their dorms for the holidays...they all loved them! (along with all the treats I sent along too, I'm sure!!)  Now that they're gone though, I kinda miss them and am thinking I might need to make a few more! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful Tuesday! :0)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So cute! I am going to try these once I get all my chores done.

Suzanne J Dean said...

They turned out adorable, love the bakers twine in their buttons too. I bet your daughter & friends were so happy to have a touch of Christmas/Winter in their dorms. Great idea as I have a daughter heading to college next year myself. Glad you enjoyed the tutorial and made some!
hugz,
Suzanne