Monday, December 2, 2013

Snow Tree

Good morning friends.  Feels like it's been awhile!  Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Our oldest daughter and son in law hosted a fabulous dinner for our family, and I must say that she did an awesome job for her first time!  (I must have taught her right!!)  Then spent the rest of the weekend quietly at home decorating (so NOT a big Friday shopper!!) and now our house is ready for Christmas.  And in that spirit, here's another Christmas card:


I really like the quiet beauty of this card.  I used SU!'s "Branch Out" stamp set with Smokey Slate ink for the tree, and Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, and Night of Navy inks for the snow on the tree. To add just a little pop of color I added the bird in Real Red.  After stamping I ran the image through my Cuttlebug with a Quickutz embossing folder, and then layered with Night of Navy cardstock and a white card base.  If you click on the photo, you'll be able to better see that I also added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the snow in the tree.  A pretty quick and easy card, and again, I really like how it turned out! :0)

That's all for today, but I'll be back with a little "non-card" Christmas craft for you tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful Monday!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This card is my favorite - love the red bird!