Friday, December 13, 2013

Gift Card/Tag Week - #5

Good morning friends.  Woke up this morning to it NOT snowing...that's a first in like over a week now!  It's very pretty but it already looks like Christmas, so it can stop for awhile now!  Hope you are all getting things accomplished without too much stress and are enjoying the season!  The first of my get togethers starts tonight with 3 of my good friends...I think this is our 7th annual ornament exchange party!  It will be good just to sit and catch up and laugh together...and snack and get a new ornament for the tree! :0)

Finally started wrapping some gifts to put under the tree this week, and one of the best parts was adding my homemade gift tags to them.  The 3 tags I'd like to share with you today are all made from kraft cardstock, and I love the rustic look it gives them.  Take a look:


If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you'll be able to see more of the detail.  For this size tag, you can get 8 of them out of an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock.  And once again I am loving using my SU! Envelope Board to make the tab corners on the top and the rounded corners on the bottom...SO easy!  The 1st tag uses SU!'s "Snow Day" stamp set and I stamped the snowman in kraft white ink.  The 2nd tag uses Flourishes "Santa" stamp set and the 3rd tag PTI's "Wreath for All Seasons" stamp set.  The size of these tags makes it great if you want to write a little message on the back too.  Making your own tags is also a great way to use up those little bits of ribbon that aren't big enough to do much with, but that you can't bring yourself to throw away...I know, I know...I'm such a pack rat in my craft room! :0) 

That's all for today friends.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back next week with some more tags and other inspiration ideas.  Thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Marcia, love your tags...they do look like a great size! I especially like that happy happy snowman, throwing his hands in the air asking for more snow!!