Monday, December 30, 2013

Bright & Flowery Again!

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  It was nice to have a slower paced one here again, and the sunshine and temps in the upper 30's didn't hurt either!  Still haven't taken any Christmas decorations down yet, but probably will New Years day...ready for the house to be back to it's simpler state! :0)

Made a couple birthday cards this weekend, and it was nice to use bright and cheery colors again.  Maybe I shouldn't say "bright" colors, as this card is more pastel, but it isn't red & green! :0)  (Don't get me wrong as Christmas cards are a real favorite for me to make, but I'm glad to be making something else for awhile!)  Anyway, take a look at this pretty and pastel birthday card:

 
Of course the sunshine was on Saturday and I didn't finish this card til yesterday when there was no more sunshine, so the lighting isn't the best, but click on the picture to make it larger and you'll be able to see more of it.  I used a Darice ef and Pool Party cs on a white card base, and then used a Spellbinders Floral Oval die and white cs to build my card on.  I embossed the leaves in white with PTI's "Embroidered Blooms" stamp set, and then sponged around them with Pool Party ink.  I fussy cut out my flowers from the same set, using Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Lovely Lilac, and Almost Amethyst inks.  Here's a closer up view:


I also used some tiny white pearls to add to the centers of the smaller flowers.  I dyed a piece of seam binding ribbon with a Pool Party re-inker and then added a tag from PTI's "Tiny Tags" die and stamp set.  This card took a bit of time to make, but think it was well worth the effort, and that someone will enjoy receiving this on their special day! :0)

That's it for today, but I do have another birthday card to share with you tomorrow for my niece.  Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a wonderful Monday!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

So pretty and spring-like!