Monday, November 4, 2013

Fall Sympathy

Good morning friends.  Just a quick post this morning, but wanted to share a card I made this weekend.  Generally don't like making sympathy cards, but needed 2 of them and both for guys, so thought I would try a technique my girlfriend Sue showed me along with fall colored leaves.  Really like how it turned out - take a look:


This technique uses one (or 2) strips of torn cardstock that is placed against your card base, and then you do your stamping (a small maple leaf and Tim Holtz distress inks) and then sponge around your stamped images and also the torn edge.  When you pull away the strip of torn cardstock, you have the look of a torn edge, but no extra layer of cardstock!  I used a bit larger maple leaf stamp for the focal point, and after inking up, misted with some water to give the leaf more of a watercolored look.  Added my sentiment and was done...quick and easy! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Monday!  Have a busy week with birthdays and trying to get ready for a craft show & sell that I'm participating in this weekend, but will definitely be popping in to share cards with you along the way! :0)

No comments: