Monday, October 21, 2013

Meadow Green's Birthday

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend!  Pretty quiet and wet here, although we did get out to see the movie Gravity.  Great movie, although VERY intense...felt like I held my breath through most of it!  Also spent some time in the craft room - mostly making more Christmas cards, but did manage to get one birthday card made. (really need to make some more birthday cards though as I have lots of birthdays coming up!)

Saw a tri-fold card on Pinterest and realized I haven't made that type of card in years, so that's what got me started for this birthday card.  Take a look:



This type of card really is pretty easy to do.  Just cut your cardstock the long way ( 11 x 4 1/4), and then score both ends at 2 3/4" and fold in to meet in the center.  I used my circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders) to make the part that keeps the card closed.  I started with a Wisteria Wonder card base, and then stamped on cream cardstock with the "Meadow Greens" (PTI) stamp set.  (I also used SU!'s "Script" background stamp on the two front cream panels)  I used Always Artichoke (SU!) for the ferns and flower center and Wisteria Wonder for the rest of the card.  I also embossed with white over the top of the Wisteria Wonder on the flower (click to enlarge either photo to get a better look at the embossing).  Should have taken a picture of the inside too as it turned out really pretty, but didn't think of it till too late!

That's all for today friends, and now I need to get motating and get my day started.  Taking hubby for his colonoscopy shortly here...oh the joys of getting older!  (just routine...nothing wrong!!)  Anyway, have a wonderful Monday and I'll be back with more inspiration as the week goes on!  Thanks so much for stopping by...love it when you do! :0)

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Oh this is a not her gorgeous Marcia beauty! I love the way this one opens ! Amazing stamping too!
Hope all went well with your husband.....fun getting older....not! :)