Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hello House Mouse

Good morning friends.  Still getting used to this "empty nester" life, but having one in college does mean I need to make cards that I can send (rather than ALL texts!), so that she has something in her mailbox to look forward to every once in awhile!  I love House Mouse stamps (by Stampendous) and had fun making up a card to send to my daughter.  Take a look:


Isn't she cute?!!  I colored her (her name is Monica) with my Copics and also added some glitter to the ribbon (which you can see better if you enlarge the picture).  I sponged the background with my cloud template to add a bit more of a contrasting color.  The design papers are scraps from my stash,  the button is SU!, and the sentiment is from PTI's "Embroidered Blooms". Coloring takes a bit more time than some of the quick & easy cards, but I love how this card turned out and my daughter loved it too!  (it was her first piece of mail in her dorm mailbox, so she was thrilled to have something in there!)

I've been busy in my craft room, but haven't had a chance to take pictures yet (our older dog Brinkley is a bit neurotic when it comes to me pulling my camera out, so I try to wait until he's outside so he doesn't flip out!!).  So, as soon as I get some photo's taken, I'll be back with some more inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Tuesday. :0)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Glad Calla loved this card and hope she had a good time at home!

Sue said...

very cute card!