Friday, August 2, 2013

Meadow Greens

Good morning friends and happy Friday!  I'm back as promised with a couple more cards my cousin Sue and I made the other day with one of PTI's newest stamp sets: Meadow Greens.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this stamp set?!!  My cousin was kind enough to let me keep this set till the end of the month when we have a family reunion, so I'm bound and determined to make good use of it till then!  So you've been warned...you will probably be seeing more cards made with this set! :0)

My cousin also ordered the matching dies when she ordered (smart girl!), so the first card shows using the die for the flower and leaf.  Take a look:


Same color palette as yesterdays card (why mess with perfection?!!), just changed up the background and sentiment.  I used the fern leaves (SU!'s Old Olive stamped off for a lighter shade of green) for the background, and then pop dotted the flower and leaf.  I loved the sentiment for this one too...thought it would be nice for a sympathy card.  Here's the 2nd card:


Again, same concept as yesterdays and the above card.  I used SU!'s "French Script" in Soft Suede ink for the background, and then punched a couple half circles and added some bakers twine (The Twinery).  I added a couple gold nailheads (Gina K) to finish it off.

So there you have it...easy AND beautiful!  This set has definitely gone to the top of my wish list, and I'm excited to try some different color combo's for the 3 weeks I have left before I have to return this set! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you all have a terrific weekend!   

1 comment:

Inkyfingers said...

These cards a beautiful Marcia and I particularly like how you put the script background on the second one. I just got this set myself and can't wait to ink it up.