Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Fall Wedding Card

Good morning friends.  I'd like to share a wedding card with you today that was a little different for me...in that my cousin requested that this card be made with "Fall" colors.  I was a little stumped (guess I'm too traditional), until I asked what "Fall" colors?  My cousin explained the colors then and a little bit about the couple that are to be married next month, and after hearing about the special love story, it all came together for me as far as the card.  The colors are green, gold, and burnt orange...take a look:


I apologize for the lighting, as IRL it's a lot brighter!  If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can see a lot more of the detail.  I started with cream colored card stock and then stamped the wreath from PTI's "Birds & Blooms" set with SU!'s Old Olive ink.  I then added a layer of gold embossed flowers, a layer of Really Rust inked flowers, and a layer of Mellow Moss inked flowers.  I love how these colors came together on the wreath...it is just so delicate and beautiful together!  I layered this 3" square with a piece of Old Olive card stock, and then a layer of gold glitter paper (POW).  Before I layered it to my 5" card base, I lightly stamped just on the left side of the card using SU!'s "French Script" background stamp in gold.  To finish I added a small sheer gold bow to the center of the wreath, and then embossed in gold the "Congratulations" (SU!'s "Love & Laughter" stamp set).  This card taught me that thinking outside the box is definitely a good thing!  I mean who would have thought???????!!!!!! :0)

That's all for today, but hopefully I'll get some photographing done, and then I can share with you some more Christmas and Fall cards I've made over the past few days.  Have a terrific Tuesday and thanks so much for stopping by! :0)

 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Your card is absolutely perfect, Marcia! You captured the couple's spirit so well! Many thanks!