Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Graduation

Good morning friends.  Sorry about the lack of posts the past few days, but between the busy weekend and being just plain tuckered, just didn't get around to it!  Our youngest graduated from high school this past week and we had her open house on Sunday, which went really well.  Calla works at a movie theater, and they rent out one of their conference rooms to employees for parties, so it worked out great!  The kids that work there even help you set everything up and clean at the end...what better deal is there?!! :0)  But anyway, we had a great time celebrating this milestone with Calla and family and friends, and now it will be on to getting her ready for college in the fall...boy does time go fast!

I know I had promised a graduation card last week, so a little late, but here it is:


Since I had to make quite a few cards this year, I needed one that was fairly simple, but still fun.  You totally can't see it in this picture, but once I embossed the white layer with the "Congratulations" ef by Cuttlebug/ProvoCraft, I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist, so in real life it really sparkles!  The "Congratulations" is from SU!'s "Well Scripted" stamp set, and the little orange stars and black graduation cap are PTI dies.  And the orange ribbon is from Michael's.  I think the hardest part of this card was gluing on all the little tiny stars, but they did add a nice festive touch to the card.  On each table I had the orange buckets, and filled them with sour cream containers I made with different design papers in orange and black (school colors).  I printed off small drawings of the bulldog (school mascot) and added those to each of the containers, and before sealing them shut, added Starbursts (one of Calla's favorite candies).  They made the tables look very festive and I know the kids all liked them! :0)

Have another graduation card to share with you later this week, but have to get it photographed first. Also have lots of ideas floating around in my head for other cards, so hopefully now that the wedding and open house are out of the way, I'll have some time to get these ideas actually made into cards! :0)  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Tuesday!   

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Awesome card and starbursts containers! Thanks again for the beautiful cards you gave me in April. The recipients have been so happy. I hope you are getting lots of rest now.