Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Year of Flowers

Good morning friends.  Today I'd like to share a card that was inspired by the colors Soft Suede and Cool Caribbean.  It was actually a beach scene card, but I decided to make mine a floral card (yes, I love the pretty flowery cards the best!!).  Take a look:


I started with a white card base, a layer of Soft Suede cs, and then a layer of white that I embossed with SU!'s "Lacey Brocade" embossing folder and then sponged with Soft Suede and Cool Caribbean.  Then I used one of the flowers from Gina K's "Year of Flowers" stamp set and stamped the flower image twice in Cool Caribbean and then added the leaves with Old Olive ink.  It looked too plain and stark on the white card stock, so I added SU!'s "French Script" background with Crumb Cake ink for a subtle background.  I mounted this layer with another piece of Soft Suede cs and then used a piece of seam binding ribbon (color is "Pinecone" from My Craft Spot) to make a bow around this layer before attaching it to the embossed layer.  I also added a little tag from PTI's "Tiny Tags" die set, but left it blank as I didn't know what occasion I would use the card for yet.  (I tend to leave a lot of my cards blank, so that when I need a card quickly, all I have to do is add the sentiment and it looks like I'm totally prepared!)

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!  I'm looking forward to watching my favorite tree in the backyard (the one Brinkley chases the squirrels up!) bloom today.  I am always amazed that it is almost every year that it blooms on May 1st...how does it know to do that?!!  It is also my oldest daughters birthday today (Happy Birthday sweetie!!) and I always tell people that my favorite tree blooms on Caitlin's birthday...how sweet is that?!  Thank you Lord!  You are SO good!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing part of your day with me...I love it when you do! :0)

No comments: