Monday, May 13, 2013

Wonderful Mother

Good morning friends.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a fabulous Mother's Day!  I spent my Mother's Day watching my youngest daughter dance at her last competition...bittersweet!  Part of me is glad to be done with this phase of my life, but at the same time I know I will miss watching the beauty of her dance...she is an amazing dancer! :0) 

We spent time with my mom a week ago for a mother's day dinner and then brought flowers on Saturday night to brighten up her deck space.  Of course I had to make a Mother's Day card that was bright too...take a look:


I used PTI's "Embroidered Blooms" stamp set for the background, and Gina K's "Year of Flowers" stamp set for the rose, which I embossed with white and then used a re-inker and Aqua Painter to give a little shading and depth.  I used a striped embossing folder on the bottom of the card, and then added a border with SU!'s Scalloped Trim punch in Bashful Blue, and then added another border with SU!'s Delicate Details Lace Tape.  After I took this photo, I ended up and added little tiny pearls to the center of each flower of the Lace Tape...made the Lace Tape look even more delicate and pretty. 

That's all for today friends.  Have a wonderful Monday and thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do! :0)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I love this lace tape! Decorative tape was an obsession this past Christmas... Kristina came home and looked over the gift wrapping supplies and shook her head at me like I was nuts.