Friday, April 5, 2013

MIM #110 - Collage Elements

Good morning friends.  Had to carve out some time to try PTI's latest Make it Monday challenge after watching Dawn's video.  It's all about using different stamps to create backgrounds, and Dawn McVey (My Favorite Things) did a great job explaining how to do this on her video, which can be found here: http://www.dawnmcvey.typepad.com/

I pulled out 2 of my favorite SU! background stamps to get started, and this is what I ended up with:


You basically just start at the bottom and work your way up!  I started with SU!'s "Weathered" background stamp using Crumb Cake ink, and then added the "French Script" (SU!) next using Certainly Celery ink.  I added my sentiment next from PTI's "Funky Florals" set, and then added half of the border from PTI's "Boutique Borders Birthday" under my sentiment to make it stand out a little more.  Next I added the flourish in Old Olive from SU!'s "Priceless" set, and then started filling in with Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery using some of the stamps from the "Funky Florals" set.  I used the PTI dies that coordinate to cut out the layers for my flower, and then embossed the top layer in gold embossing powder to give a bit of sparkle.  After adding a button and bakers twine to the center, I thought I was finished, but decided it needed a bit more sparkle. I used the back of a pencil eraser with my Crumb Cake ink to create the dots, and then added glitter for that extra "bling"!  You can see it better in this close up:

  

This card took a bit more time than I thought it would, but with my ipod playing, I lost all track of time and just had fun!  It's good to be adventurous and get out of your comfort zone sometimes, because you never know what you'll come up with!  This is definitely a technique I will try again! :0)

That's all for today friends.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I'll be back Monday with my latest Festive Friday challenge card.  Thanks for stopping by...I love it when you do! :0)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Fantastic card, Marcia! I had a nice chat with your mom yesterday - hope she enjoys her day today!

Nancy Penir said...

Isn't that funny, you don't ever know what will happen with your combined stamps. Love what you achieved!

Kathryn A said...

A beautiful card! I love the colours, the choice of stamps, and the flourish under the sentiment is such a nice touch!