Saturday, February 9, 2013

You are my cup of tea

Good morning friends.  Just a quick post today.  Made a card earlier this week for one of the challenges over at PTI, but then never had a chance to get it posted.  I really liked how it turned out though, so thought I would post it today anyway.  The challenge was to take one of the free printables from the different PTI designers and make a card. I chose a design by Melissa Bickford, who designs a lot of PTI's little $5 stamp sets.  I have always loved these little sets...they're very versatile, interchangeable between the different sets, and are always just plain fun!  Here's what I came up with:


This is a smaller card...only 4 x 4.  I started with a Whisper White card base, and then added a layer of SU!'s Cool Caribbean (retired) which was the closest I had to the color of the dotted tea cup.  Next I made my own floral background using another $5 set by designer Melissa Bickford - "Heart 2 Heart #7, and then one of the leaf and stems in the "Blooming Button Bits" set (PTI).  The colors are Cool Caribbean, Real Red, & Summer Starfruit (all SU!).  I used a couple Spellbinder dies to cut out the tea cup design and the lacy circle that's behind the design.  I added a couple small hearts (Marvy punch) in Cool Caribbean and red glitter paper to the bottom of the circle, as part of Melissa's name was showing up with the size of circle die I used.  I added a sheer irridescent white ribbon (Michael's) to the side of the card to finish.  I really had fun making this card and it will be a perfect Valentine card for one of my friends. :0)

Thanks for stopping by and spending part of your weekend with me...I always appreciate it when you do!  Have a wonderful weekend and remember that GLYASDI!! :0) 

No comments: