Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Design Team Favorites Challenge

Good evening friends.  Had to play another one of the challenges at PTI!  This one is to pick one of your design team favorites cards, and be inspired to make your own version.  There's something I love about each of the design team members and it was really hard to choose just one.  I absolutely adore Melissa Phillips vintage type cards, Debbie Olson's awesome Copic coloring and her unique style, Dawn McVey and her colorful approach to everything, - I could go on and on about each of them!  But I guess when I look at most of the cards I make, they almost always seem to include kraft card stock and that makes me think Heather Nichols...love, love, love her cards!  So anyway, here's my own version of a kraft card stock card:


I started with a kraft cs base and sponged it white with Stazon Opaque White ink.  After letting it dry, I stamped the leaves from the "Harvest Berries" stamp set (PTI) with SU!'s Always Artichoke ink.  I love the look of the dark green on the white and kraft cs together!  I then stamped the leaves again on a smaller kraft cs panel without the white ink and then added a few berries with SU!'s Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant (I also added a little glitter to the berries to make them pop...hard to see in the photo).  I added a layer of Always Artichoke cs to the kraft panel and then mounted that to the card base.  I finished with a sheer white ribbon and a little tag from PTI's Tiny Tags set.  It's simple, but I really like the way it turned out! :0)

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peak...always appreciate it when you do!

No comments: