Monday, January 28, 2013

Vintage Valentine

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  We had a special day yesterday with an engagement party for our daughter Colleen and her fiance...I'll share a picture at the end of this post if you're interested.  The card I'd like to share with you today is a Valentine's Day card that makes me think "vintage".  Take a look:


I started with kraft cs which in itself lends to the vintage look, and then added a 1 1/2" strip of chevron dp (The Paper Studio) to the bottom.  I added the PTI Heart Border (die) cut out with SU's Cherry Cobbler cs just above the dp and then stamped the flourish from SU's "Priceless" stamp set in Cherry Cobbler and PTI's  "Heart to Heart #11"  (L VE) also in Cherry Cobbler.  I then added the layered heart from PTI's Limitless Hearts dies using Cherry Cobbler cs, design paper from FancyPantsDesigns, and a small heart from kraft cs.   To finish, I added a sheer ribbon (Michaels) and some gold nailheads (Gina K) and then sponged the edges with SU's Soft Seude.  I really like how this card turned out and hope you do too! :0)

My posting might be a little sporadic the next couple weeks as I'm still recovering from my back surgery last week.  I'm moving a lot better this week but still can't sit and bend at the waist for any length of time yet, so stamping is kind of hard to do.  Hopefully another week or two will make a big difference though and I'll be back on track! :0)

And here is a picture of my beautiful family from yesterdays engagement party:


And the bride & groom to be:

 
Have a wonderful Monday friends and thanks for stopping by...I love it when you do! :0)  

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Beautiful card and beautiful family! The lovebirds look so cute together. I am also glad you are able to get around a bit, Marcia!