Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sweet Baby Girl

Good morning friends. Are we all back into the swing of "normal" again?  I'd forgotten how early 5:45 is  now that my youngest is back in school again after the Christmas break!  Doesn't take long for those "sleeping in" habits to take hold, does it?!  Oh well, lots to do today, so it's good to get moving anyway! :0)  The card I'd like to share with you today is another baby card, and this one uses a stamp from one of my favorite companies - Lily of the Valley!  It's titled simply "Baby Blanket", which is much too simple a name for such a cute image!  Take a look:

    
This is such a simple image, but I've used it many times over the past few years to make into baby girl or boy cards by just changing the color of the outfit.  For this particular card, I used my Copics to color her in (Eoo & E02 for face & hands, R81 for her outfit, & C1 for outlining the blanket).  I cut her out using a Spellbinders circle die and sponged the edges with SU's Pretty In Pink ink.  I layered her onto a scalloped circle (also Spellbinders), and then used some dotted swiss pink cs (my local SSS) for the bottom half of the card and some dp for the top half (it was just a scrap, and so I don't have the manufacturer for you...I believe I found it at Hobby Lobby though).  I did add a piece of white grossgrain ribbon to divide the 2 background papers and then also added a tiny heart tag (PTI's Tiny Tags) with a pink pearl to finish it off.

Well that's all from me today friends.  Hope you have a terrific Tuesday (it's going to be 40 degrees in my "neck of the woods" today...yippeeeeee!) and I'll be back again later this week with some more inspiration!  Thanks for stopping by...I LOVE it when you do! :0)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Another precious card!