Monday, January 21, 2013

Precious and Few

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend.  I had another very productive day in my craft room yesterday, but did not get any pictures yet.  I also got all my daughter's wedding invitations printed yesterday and also finished the invitations for her bridal shower...SO glad to have that done! :0)  Still have the stamping on the invitations to do and the ribbon to add, but that should go fairly quickly.  But anyway, the card I want to share with you today is a birthday card I made for one of my good friends whose birthday was back in December, but we just celebrated on Saturday.  Take a look:


Another CAS card (most of the time I like doing these best!) and also easy to do!  I started with a kraft cs base, and then layered a piece of SU's Pool Party cs.  The top layer is another piece of kraft, which I ran through PTI's Herringbone Impression Plate, and then used the larger butterfly die (that coordinates with the PTI "Heart to Heart #10 stamp set) to cut out the butterfly shape.  I lined up this layer over the Pool Party layer, and lightly traced the butterfly with a pencil, so I would know exactly where to stamp the butterfly on the Pool Party layer.  I was then able to adhere the top layer and have the larger butterfly show through.  The smaller butterfly was also die cut on Pool Party cs and then stamped with Pool Party ink and adhered with a pop dot.  The pink hearts were done on American Crafts WOW silver glitter paper, which I used a Copic marker (RV06) to color a small portion and then used a small Marvy heart punch.  (I've used re-inkers and sponge daubers and ink pads to color silver glitter paper before, but I have to say using the Copic marker worked really slick and much quicker and easier!)  My sentiment (which I stamped before running through the impression plate) is from PTI's "Blooming Button Bits" stamp set.  I finished by adding a few silver nail heads (Gina K) under the sentiment and tied a piece of "Caribbean" baker's twine (The Twinery) between the butterflies and the sentiment.

I should have taken a picture of the envelope too...it turned out really cute!  I stamped the 2 butterflies and also added the pink glitter hearts since I was hand delivering the card, instead of putting through the mail where you can't add the little extra's without fear of them falling off!

That's all for today, and I'll get some pictures taken so I can show you the really pretty card I made yesterday using a set of stamps and "go with" book from Gina K that my girlfriend Sue gave me for Christmas.  Have a wonderful Monday and stay warm if you're in "my neck of the woods"...we already hit our high of 14 and it's supposed to drop throughout the day from there!  Thanks for stopping by and especially if you leave a comment...I LOVE it when you do! :0)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

pretty butterflys!