Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Daydreamer Suprise

Good morning friends.  The card I'd like to share with you today is from PTI's "Daydreamer" stamp set.  When I bought this set, I had saw a card using the poppy flower that's in the set, and that's all I saw!  The set is FULL of different flower images, but at the time all I could see was the poppies!  I had the set out the other day to make a card using the poppies of course, when I actually started looking at the other images and realized there were some really neat flowers in this stamp set!  Here's the super quick (and easy!) card I came up with:


I had already had SU's Old Olive and Wisteria Wonder cs and ink sitting out from the card I shared with you yesterday, and when I started looking at the other flower images in the Daydreamer set, it all clicked and the card came together very quickly!  I stamped the leaf bunch three times in Old Olive on Whisper White cs, and then used the large flower image (I think it's a hydrangea?) in the center with Wisteria Wonder, and then stamped the smaller flower image on each side.  I mounted the flowers on an Old Olive layer and then adhered that to a Whisper White card base.  I finished by adding some glitter to the flowers (click on the picture to enlarge to see the glitter better) and a few silver nailheads (Gina K) on the bottom right of the card.  This would be a great card if you needed to mass produce quite a few, because of it's simplicity.  Anyway, I learned a lesson in all this and am going to try my hardest to start using ALL the stamps that come in a set! :0)

That's all for today, and I'll be back next week with a really cool card I made for the January Blog Hop over at PTI.  Have a great rest of your week and thanks for stopping by...I LOVE it when you do! :0)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love this card! I really loved my birthday card too - it was so elegant! Thank you!

It will be 69 degrees here in Denver today, and we will do our best to send this warm weather to you!