Friday, December 21, 2012

Make it Monday #96

Good morning friends.  Sorry about no post yesterday - our internet was down!  We're back up and running today though, so I'd like to share a card I made for PTI's Make it Monday #96 challenge.  Take a look:



The challenge was to use up your scraps using "Patchwork Die Cuts".  Melissa Phillips (PTI designer - "Lilybeans Paperie") made an absolutely beautiful card for Valentines Day using heart shaped dies, and while I didn't want to totally copy Melissa's card, I did really like the idea of using a heart shape to make the patchwork design.  You simply use 4 different pieces of coordinating scraps and cut out 4 hearts.  You can then cut your hearts (or whatever shape you choose) down the center and then accross, so you have 16 pieces total.  You only need 4 pieces to make the heart again, but you now have enough pieces to make 4 cards.  I backed my heart with another scalloped shaped heart (SU's Real Red cs) to make it pop against the kraft cs layer.  Melissa also stitched on her heart, but since I can't seem to sew on card stock without making a mess, I opted to use a white gel pen to make the stitching marks.  I also added a Cheery Lynn Die (Holly Flourishes) cut from kraft cs and spritzed with Irredescent Gold Glimmer Mist, a computer generated sentiment cut out with SU's Decorative Label punch, and PTI's "Holly Jolly" holly dies, to finish off the card.  It's simple, but I really like how it turned out.  This is definitely a technique I'll try again! :0)

That's all for today friends.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Love this card! Happy Weekend!

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful the way you cut your heart. That holly is gorgeous!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the way you cut the heart - really pretty paper choices too!

Marie Bingaman said...

So cute! I really like the way you cut your heart also! :)