Thursday, December 13, 2012

JOY

Good morning friends.  Sorry about missing yesterday...it's just that time of year and things get crazy!  I did finish writing out my Christmas cards (going in the mail today!) though, and even got my batch of Orange Drop cookies made! :0)  Still LOTS to do, but am feeling a little more in control!  (silly me!  He tells me daily He's in charge, so why I continue to go on thinking I'm in control of anything is ridiculous...good thing He LOVES me anyway! :0)

The card I'd like to share with you today is part of a set of cards I made to try and sell this Christmas season, and this one was by far the most popular of the 6 in the set.  It is from the SU set called "The Sounding Joy".  Most of you that know me, know that the word JOY has special meaning to me as a Christian, and whenever I see a stamp set that uses the word, I get a little excited! :0)  Anyway, here is the card:



The lighting on this picture is not the greatest, although it is not from lack of trying!  I used a very light colored cream cs (from my local stamp store - Stamp Therapy) and with my background cloth being a light cream too, it just wasn't standing out the way I wanted.  Hopefully you can see it well enough though. :0)  After folding my cs the long way, I tore the one edge and then placed a strip of a light weight (almost like vellum) gold paper on the inside edge.  I then stamped the star in SU's Raspberry Ripple, and then embossed the word Joy in gold over the star. (it really "pops" IRL!)  I added a sheer ribbon (Michael's) at the side and then die cut the little star (PTI's Tiny Tags) with a gold cs, added a gold half backed dot, and tied it to the ribbon with a little piece of gold cord.  This really was an easy card to mass produce and makes a very simple but elegant card. :0)

Thanks for stopping by today and I'll be back again tomorrow with some more Christmas inspiration.  Have a terrific Thursday everyone and don't forget to find the JOY in your day today...it is there if you look! :0)
 

No comments: