Friday, December 14, 2012

Frosty Friends

Good morning friends.  I think I've mentioned before that I'm not a big fan of snow, but I can appreciate the beauty of freshly fallen snow, and I love going out at this time of year at night to look at Christmas lights.  However, the Christmas lights need a little bit of snow to make them "glow" even more, and I'm thinking that that may not happen this year in "my neck of the woods".  I know I'm being really picky here, but I would like just a little bit of the "white stuff" till Christmas, and then I don't need any more till next December!  I know, I'm asking for a LOT!  Anyway, guess I'll just have to make my snow inside with this irresistable group of friends...take a look:



This is a new single stamp this year from Stampin Up, and of course being a snowman lover, I just HAD to have it! :0)  I also made this as one of my cards for sale this year, so I knew I needed to keep it clean and simple enough to mass produce...I think I accomplished that!  I simply stamped the image on SU's Whisper White cs with SU's Midnight Muse ink, and then used my Copic marker (R29) to color in a few of the details.  I added a little bit of glitter (if you click on the image to make it larger, you'll be able to see this better) to make the card "sparkle", and then mounted this layer on a piece of navy blue cs (Stamp Therapy), and layered that to a white (Whisper White) card base.  Quick, easy, and oh so cute! :0)

Well that's all for today friends...have a busy weekend!  Have 3 of my good friends coming tonight for our 6th annual ornament exchange, baking my husbands beloved sugar cookies tomorrow (this recipe is an all day affair, and they're not even a cookie I really care for (there's NO chocolate in them!), but my hubby LOVES them, so....), and a family Christmas on Sunday!  But I'll be back on Monday with another week of inspiration to get you through till Christmas. :0)  Have a great weekend friends and thanks again for stopping by! :0)

No comments: